|Home / About / Mission
The Mountain Area Information Network is a public access
information network designed to:
As the community network of Western North Carolina, MAIN seeks
to strengthen the experience of community in the
mountains of North Carolina while providing affordable Internet
- Strengthen local and regional communities in Western North
- Provide access to electronic information in the tradition of
public libraries and public-interest media.
- Promote civic involvement and democratic dialogue by
enabling citizens to become creators as well as consumers of
- Promote life long learning.
- Enhance economic opportunities and quality of life for
Western North Carolina citizens.
MAIN offers local, "home-grown" content plus links to carefully
selected websites of civic interest. MAIN also offers true
"public" discussion forums with full First Amendment protection.
No private owner can "pull the plug" on MAIN's forums due
to conflicting political viewpoints.
History and Governance|
Mission Statement |
Tell a Friend |