Macon Co. Health Information
- The Macon County has up-to-date medical facilities, including two hospitals, a county health
- center, a sports medicine facility specializing in orthopedics, a rehabilitation center and two nursing home facilities, with the Highlands-Cashiers Hospital also providing swing bed services in that field. Home health care is also available.
Angel Community Hospital
- The Angel Community Hospital
Location: Riverview St. Franklin NC
Phone # 828-524-8411
The following services are available:
- Emergency Room, Home Health Service, Laboratory, Pathology, Physical Therapy, and
- many others, all enhanced by a well trained staff. Angel Community Hospital, located at the intersection of Riverview St. and White Oak St. in Franklin, is a modern, multi-purpose facility with doctors specializing in allergies, orthopedics, family practice internal medicine, obstetrics and gynecology, pathology, emergency medicine, psychiatry, urology, ophthalmology, endocrinology, electro physiology and pediatrics, out patients services, 24 hour emergency room services, home health care service, and much more. All of which is furnished by a will trained staff .
Highlands / Cashiers Hospital
- Highlands-Cashiers Hospital, located on Hwy. 64 between Highlands and Cashiers is a
- non-profit hospital has much to offer. The hospital has a lot to offer the Community in way of very professional will trained staff as well as the most modern equipment. Other services that are available include X-ray, CT scan, mammography, complete laboratory, respiratory therapy, physical therapy, and an emergency room. The hospital is staffed with specialists and physicians that are certified. There are community health programs, and free preventive health clinics. Free clinics include; hypertension , family planing, adult and childrenís health screenings, immunization.
For more information on these services you can call 526-2151
Highlands/Cashiers Hospital and
Fidelia Eckerd Nursing Center
190 Hospital Drive
Highlands, NC 28741
Macon County Health Department
- The Macon county Public Health Department, has many public health services to offer. The
- primary function of the Health Department is to serve the public health needs of the people of Macon County.
A wide range of clinics are provided through the health center: like family planning, prenatal, child health, adult screening, orthopedic and hypertension . Routine Vaccinations are given at no charge, and no appointment is necessary; however, Thursday is generally considered the health centerís walk-in day. The services are many to say the lest.
For additional information call 828-369-9526 or on Rehabilitation Center matters use 369-7878.
Macon Department of Health;
Phone #: 828-369-9526
This site is updated as information becomes available
I would like your Questions and Suggestions.