Miscellaneous correspondence with Kiwanis International
(Note:we have many more memos and letters, but the following examples reveal what an uphill effort it has been to get Kiwanis International to take action to correct the problems with the Terrific Kids Program)
Some of these links are under construction. This webpage is set up and maintained by volunteers and all of the correspondence will be up as soon as possible.
- Aug 13, 1996 Parents request for Kiwanis to review Task Force report and take action.
- Aug 27, 1996 File Memo Ref: Parents telephone call with Kiwanis Int'l; "they don't get it" gist.
- Sept. 23, 1996 Parents' letter to Kiwanis Int'l President alerting him to serious problems and requesting action from Board meeting the next week.
- Oct. 7, 1996 File Memo Ref: Parents' telephone conversation with Kiwanis Int'l about Board meeting and lack of action; more study for Jan.97 meeting.
- Jan 23, 1997 Letter from Kiwanis Int'l recounting our conversation and laying about what Kiwanis Int'l will do.
- Feb. 14, 1997 Letter from Kiwanis Int'l indicating intent to discuss with its Advisory Council and let us know when recommendations are ready.
- Feb 27, 1997 Parents' letter to Kiwanis Int'l regarding their Jan 23 and Feb 14 letters along with questions we have.
- March 13--March 20, 1997 E-mail correspondence between Parents and Kiwanis Int'l; focussing on why Kiwanis Int'l can't respond to our questions.
- Nov 6, 1997 Our letter to Kiwanis Int'l asking if the recommendations which had been promised to be ready by Oct 96 are ready.
- Dec 10--12, 1997 E-mail correspondence between Parents and Kiwanis Int'l in which Kiwanis says that "higher priorities" have arisen preventing action on fixing the Terrific Kids Program.
Interaction With Carolinas District Kiwanis Official
- Aug 25, 1997 File Memo describing visit of Kiwanis Carolinas District Governor.
- Nov 11, 1997 Letter from Carolinas Dt. Gov. with his conclusions and recommendations about TK ; also a support letter from a school official
- Nov 18, 1997 Our letter responding to Carolinas Gov.'s Nov. 11, 1997 letter; along with personal PS noting that the school official who wrote the support letter retired two years ago and doesn't work at the address on her letterhead.