About the Club
We strive to offer a supportive, educational atmosphere
for beginning and experienced triathletes. We organize training sessions
for our members of all levels. We meet the second Monday of even months, at 6pm at
varying restaraunts around town.
Our meetings include training tips, guest speakers, highlights from recent races.
See the News page for more information on the next meeting.
The Triathlon Club of Asheville is 80 members strong
and growing. Our members include athletes who've not yet run a triathlon,
as well as open-class racers. If you do any of these sports, and want to
meet others with similar interests, come to a meeting, or send us some mail.
Check out this Club Photo, or see more in
the Photo Album
These training sessions are organized by other groups, but TCA members are
known to crash them. Additional info can be found in these sources:
- 50m Outdoors: Recreation Park and Patton Park are open Memorial Day to Labor Day
- Monday - Friday 5:30am @ South YMCA: Masters Swim Team.
- Monday - Friday 5:30am @ UNCA: Workout coached by Kemp Battle.
- Monday - Friday Noon @ Downtown YMCA: Masters Swim Team
- Sat 7am @ Downtown YMCA: two groups of masters swimmers
- Tuesday 8am @ Liberty Bikes: 25 miles casual road ride. Claudia: 255-8731
- Tuesday 10:30 @ Liberty Bikes: relaxed road ride. Claudia: 255-8731
- Tuesday 6pm (alternates) @ Ski County Sports: pace lines along River Road.
- Tuesday 6pm (alternates) @ Amboy Road Speedway track races
- Tuesday 6pm @ TGIF Biltmore: 18 casual miles through Biltmore Forest
- Tuesday 6pm @ various forests: Women's mountain bike ride. Cheri:
- Tuesday 6:30 @ Etowah Sheriff: 17-mile C-ride.
- Wednesday Noon @ Biowheels: 90 min road ride. 236-BIKE
- Wednesday 5:30 @ Backcountry Outdoors, Brevard: 90 min road bike
- Wednesday 6pm @ South YMCA: ABRC 25-50 mile road ride A/B groups.
- ?Wednesday 6:30 @ Arboretum Greenhouse: Mountain Bike Night Ride
- Thursday 5pm @ various trails: Mountain bike with Biowheels. 236-BIKE
- Thursday 6pm @ Pro Bikes: Ox Creek Plunge road ride. Fred: 253-2800
- Thursday 6pm @ Warren Wilson Larsen Auditorium: 25 mile C-pace road
ride. Bob Geyer 274-7774
- Thursday 6pm @ Waynesville First Baptist Church: Road Ride. Pat
- Friday 9am @ Arboretum Greenhouse: Mountain Bike 2 hours.
- Friday Noon @ Pro Bikes: 2-3 hour relaxed road ride. Marty: 253-2800
- Friday 6pm @ Sycamore Cycles, Brevard: road ride. 877-5790
- Saturday 11am @ Pro Bikes: 4-5 hour ride average 15mph. Fred:
- Saturday 1pm @ Arboretum Greenhouse: Beginner's Mountain Bike Ride
- Sunday 10am @ Forest Service HQ: ABRC road ride - fast pace.
- Monday 5pm @ The Sport Spot, Brevard: 3-5 miles. 877-6585
- Tuesday 6:30 @ Jus' Running: ATC track workout led by Norman Blair
- Tuesday 5:15 @ Weaver Park: 4-5 miles easy pace with ATC.
- Wednesday 4:30 @ Brevard College Track: fast track workouts. 877-6585
- Wednesday 6pm @ Tortoise & Hare: run in Biltmore Park or trails.
- Wednesday 6pm @ Jus' Running: 3 mile beginner runs.
- Wednesday 5:30pm @Arboretum Greenhouse: ATC Trail run.
- Thursday 5:15 @ Weaver Park: 4-5 miles easy pace with ATC.
- Saturday 9am @ Tortoise & Hare: run in Biltmore Park or trails. 681-5325
- Sunday 8:30am @ Arboretum Greenhouse: ATC Trail Run - various
Members of the Triathlon Club of Asheville will receive
our bimonthly newsletter and Email updates about club activities.
We also hope you will join us for meetings and workouts. We organize
carpools and teams for races across the Southeast. Several Asheville
merchants offer a discount to members - these include Jus' Running, Liberty
Bicycles, Pro Bikes, Rene Steven's Sport Massage, and Downtown Chiropractic
Center. Please contact Allison
with any questions. To join the club, simply complete our on-line